We welcome triathletes of all levels of experience to join our team! Our members range from iron men to those hoping to stay in shape by working out with a great group of people.
Who Can Join?
We welcome novice and experienced triathletes of any level and do not hold try-outs. The only requirement is that you must be a Yale student to train or race with us. Undergraduates, graduate students, and professional school students are all welcome and represented.
I’m interested. What should I do?
Great! Feel free to stop by a practice - our current practice schedule is found under the “Calendar” tab. You may also want to email one of our board members (found under “Leadership”) to let us know to expect you or if you have any further questions. You are welcome to attend two practices for free, but if you want to keep working out with us we will ask you to become an official dues-paying member.
So how do I officially join?
1) Join the email list: Ask any board member to add you.
2) Pay dues! We offer two levels of membership to accommodate varying levels of commitment.
What are the two levels of membership?
We offer two levels of membership to accommodate varying levels of commitment. You are welcome to upgrade membership at any point during the year by paying the difference in price. There are no try-outs in order to race with us! We travel to about 5 races each academic year as a team.
Basic Member: $40/academic year
- Access to all team practices, including two professionally coached swim practices, a coached indoor cycling practice, and coached track workout.
- Access to all team dinners and social events.
- Yale Triathlon T-shirt and swim cap.
Racing Member: $80/academic year
- Everything from Basic Membership, plus…
- Partial reimbursement for team sanctioned races for undergrads
- Full transportation to team sanctioned races
- Consideration for nationals
- Access to team loaner bikes
- Priority at practices should space become limited
Keep in mind that weekly spin classes through Payne Whitney are $60/semester, while our basic membership includes weekly spin classes for $40/academic year…
Since the price of a triathlon is often over $100, with 50% reimbursement for even one race you will have “earned” back the difference in membership costs