We’ve now closed the NECTC Fall season, with a great showing at Westchester Triathlon on September 21.
A few highlights from that race include:
- Lucinda raced super well in her first olympic-distance tri, and had a PR of course
- Elif PR’ed by 40 minutes (WOW!) over Lake George just 3 weeks ago
- Alex B. PR’ed on his swim, bike AND run splits
- Alex E. crushed his Westchester 2013 result by 30 minutes
- Matt took 3rd place collegiate male, he’s become a consistent threat in the NECTC
- Adele (yes, that’s me, writing in 3rd person) took 4th place collegiate female. Now for some reflection…
Post-Westchester, I realized it marked somewhat of a milestone for me, since I completed the Westchester Triathlon as my first NECTC race in 2013, and the 2014 race marked something like 1 year that I’ve now been competing with Yale Triathlon. It was exciting to have a PR at that race, signifying that the commitment to training with Yale Triathlon has been 110% worth it! But this year has been marked by more than just those few minutes that I gained on my PR. The most notable being that Coach Clay (Thanks!!) committed to help me get to the Ironman 70.3 World Championships. Then there were the steady swim sessions at PWG, way too many hours on an indoor trainer at MultiSports Academy through the winter, Compo Beach in the mornings and West Haven in the afternoons this summer, and various other training sessions with Yale Tri that made it happen. I’ve met some awesome triathletes as part of Yale Triathlon and Team Mossman. I raced in some really lovely places, supported by friends and family. It’s been an honor to share this passion of mine with Yale Triathlon, so thanks for being a part of this journey. Now, enough of this reflection, I’m psyched for what’s to come!!
What’s to come:
The NECTC Winter Challenge
10/26/14 Boston Mayor’s Cup
TBA NECTC Swim Challenge
1/25/14 NECTC Indoor Time Trial
3/28/15 MIT Tri-Mania Expo
4/11/15 West point Duathlon
And plenty more regular training sessions, so I hope to see you in the pool, or out on the road!